Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Treat (Weds Brief)

Here is the photo prompt I've chosen for this week's Weds Brief.  Since it is Halloween it's fitting.

Let's see how Tom and Ben spend their Halloween

-->
Halloween  Tricks- by Lily Sawyer

If there was one holiday that Tom and Ben loved more than anything, it was Halloween.  Tom remembered going out trick or treating with his siblings and friends.   But when he got to be an adult, he’d thought he left all that ‘fun’ behind him.  And it felt like he had; at least the few partners he’d had would rather not be around for the trick-or-treaters.  All that ended when he met Ben. The man looked forward to decorating. It was infectious; so much so, he’d gotten into the spirit.  

Like right now they were in a Halloween store looking for decorations for the outside of their home.  Each year, they’d pick out something new.   It was exciting how the manufacturers would come up with something scarier than the year before.

“Tom, come here, you just gotta see this!”  There was his man now, sounding like a little kid in a candy store.

“Hold your horses, I’m coming.”  Tom had been looking at costumes. He and Ben loved to dress up to surprise each other and the little trick-or-treaters.    Tom found Ben standing in front of one of the many displays scattered throughout the store.  “Step on that.”  Tom looked down at the orange square sitting on the floor.  He obliged his husband and stepped on it.  A very large, hairy spider started to slowly rise straight up thensuddenly pounced forward and let out a scream.   Tom jumped back for a moment then started laughing.   

“I think that would be perfect for behind that small boxwood.  It’ll scare the kids so much!” Ben had almost jumped up and down with glee when he saw Tom’s reaction. 

“Can I help you?”  One of the workers came over and asked.

“Yes, I’d like to get one of the spiders, please.”   Ben pointed at the item he wanted.

“Of course, sir.  I’ll get one from the back. He’ll be waiting for you at the register.”  The dark-skinned man walked towards a curtain and disappeared behind it.  Apparently they kept all the big items in the back and retrieved them for each order.

“Do you know what costume you’re going to get, Tom?”  He and Ben had developed a tradition between them.  They dressed up for Halloween but didn’t reveal what they were going to be until that night.   A few years ago they surprised each other by dressing up as Ennis and Jack from Brokeback Mountain.  They both loved that movie; they must have used up a box of tissues at the end.  Hugging and swearing they’d never quit each other.

“Yeah I found something I think will ‘scare’ you.”  Tom put his hands out like claws and used his most scary voice. 

“Oh you!”  Ben laughed.  “I found my costume too.  Are you going to get yours now?”

“No, I’ll come back here tomorrow and pick it up.  You do remember our tradition, right?”

“Yes, I know. We don’t get to see what we’re wearing until Halloween.”  Ben sounded disappointed, but a smile quickly lit up his face again.  “I’m going to buy mine now, so I’ll have to ask you to wait for me at the car.”

Since Tom had driven them there, it was no problem.  He kissed Ben and then went out to his car and sat waiting in the parking lot.   He opened up the trunk so he could put his bag and the box the spider came in into the rear.

Then they drove home and set up the spider among the other various decorations they’d laid out last weekend.

                                                                         * * * *
“Oh Tommmm”   Tom could hear Ben calling to him downstairs.   He’d been waiting for him to finish putting his costume on. 

When Tom came down the stairs he had to stop for a moment when he saw that Ben was dressed in a chef’s outfit, complete with a toque, the white hat they wore.

“Uh, maybe I should change.”  Tom tried to make a fast getaway but Ben had a strong grip on his arm that made escape impossible. Well, unless he really truly wanted to escape his chef, and he didn’t.

“My, my talk about a perfect costume, good enough to eat.”     Ben walked around him and then kissed him.    Tom had dressed up as a piece of candy corn.

“Should I be afraid?”  Tom feigned terror.

“Yes, be afraid.” Ben kissed his lips. “Be VERY afraid.”  They were interrupted when they heard their spider go off and the kids screaming.

“Looks like our first victims. I mean trick-or-treaters are here.”  Ben smiled as he grabbed the bowl he’d filled with little trick-or-treat bags loaded with candy.  Including his favorite, candy corn.

“So am I spared from getting eaten?”

“Oh no, I’ll be eating every bit of you later.”  He laughed devilishly, licked Tom’s ear. The doorbell rang and he opened it. 

While Tom enjoyed giving out candy to all the kids, he couldn’t wait to receive his own treat from his own trickster later.

my fellow flashers
Elyzabeth VaLey      m/f
Nephylim    m/m
Cia Nordwell    m/m
MA Church     m/m
MC Houle      m/m

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh A chef and his candy corn. Definitely eye candy methinks :) Lovely little nibble hun

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL cute with a naughty taste, I mean, twist :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute... and I just love Tom & Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love candy corn... and I love Tom and Ben, too! :) Thanks for the fun.

    ReplyDelete