Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Last week Pender Mackie tagged me for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop.

The Next Big Thing features authors and they recommend 5 (or less depending how many they can get who haven't already done this blog hop)

We each  answer the same questions.   

Here are mine.


What is the working title of your book?

My title is "Fire Island."


Where did the idea come from for the book?

I was thinking of where I came from,  I grew up on Long Island NY.  And I wanted to add an element of angst to my story.   So I decided to write about a place off the south shore of Long Island, I started writing this story before Hurricane Sandy was even a blip on the radar.  Little did I know how the real thing would cause such devastation to so many.   I want to dedicate this story to them. 

What genre does your book fall under?

I like to write in the M/M contemporary genre

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I'd like to see Stephen Amell (from the CW show Arrow)  and Josh Dallas (from Once Upon a Time.)

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Can love truly survive anything, including the horrors of a natural disaster?

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

My book will most likely be published by an online publishing house.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I haven't finished it yet, it's still very much a work in progress.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I'd probably compare it to "From the Depths" and "Love on the East End."   Love meets some of life's challenges head on.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I was inspired by a 'what if' scenario that had been playing in my head for a while. 

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

That some of it is based on a real event and that it's an HEA 

Okay that's it for me.  Please stop by next week and check out Rick Reed's  Next Big Thing 
            


No comments:

Post a Comment