Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Job Applicant- Weds Brief

It's that time of the week again.    This week I decided to use this photo as my inspiration.
Let's see how this man factors into my story

Job Applicant

One of the things Ben loved about their home was the space they had. It wasn’t a huge house, but the way it was laid out made it work for him and Tom.  Ben was home doing some business in their office.  He looked over at Tom’s empty desk and wondered when his husband was coming home.  He’d stopped worrying about Tom’s dangerous job a while back. It was driving him crazy, so he decided he wouldn’t think about what could happen to his gorgeous firefighter. 

Ben was part owner in the real estate office he worked at. His business partner was one Aaron Hector.  He was a great guy. They’d known each other since their college days.  They’d both decided to go into real estate and get some experience before starting their own businesses. 

Right now, Ben and Aaron had decided to hire someone new, and Ben was going over job applications and resumes.  One name drew his eye.  There was something familiar about it, so Ben did a Google search. 

“Hey,  honey, how was your day?”  Tom came up behind him, bent over and gave him a big kiss on the lips.

“Hey, Tom. I didn’t hear you come in.  Sometimes you’re more quiet than our cat.”

“Lol, yeah, I guess so.  What are you up to?”  Tom looked at the image Ben had on the screen. It was of a very buff guy wearing board shorts and nothing else but a Celtic tattoo on his upper left arm; he was striking a very sexy pose.   “Um, should I be worried?”  Tom said, jokingly.

“What? No, Tom. I was looking at new job applicants and this guy’s name just rang some bells.  I did a search on him and this image popped up.  Apparently he was a model and decided to turn to real estate. According to the blurb underneath, this photo was taken five years ago.”

“And he can’t model anymore?”  Tom wondered how much the guy could have changed in five years.

“It’s a tough industry.  Not everyone gets to be a top model, and it can be over very quickly.  Maybe that’s why this guy wants to be in a more secure job.”

“Are you going to hire him?”  Tom asked as he sat at his own desk and fired up his computer. 

“I’m not sure. I’d like to schedule him for an interview.”

“Here or at the office?”  Tom knew that Ben conducted some of his business here at home, on the phone, or at the small office he and Aaron shared in town.  

“I conduct my interviews at the office.  You know I don’t like to bring strangers in the house.  Why, are you jealous?”

“Jealous?  No, I was just curious who the guy was.  He’s a pretty good looking guy, you know.”  Tom avoided looking at Ben when he said it.

Ben got up out of his chair, came around behind Tom and wrapped his arms around his man’s chest and hugged him tight.   “You know you’re much better looking then him.”

“Really?”  Tom asked him.

“Oh yeah. I mean who was Mr. May in the ‘Hot Firefighters’ calendar two years ago.  Remember when they had that fund raiser for the fire department that year,  they were selling that calendar at the event?  It sold like hotcakes, and I noticed a lot of women drooling all over May.  How many signatures did you have to sign when they spotted you in the crowd?”

“I think I got writer’s cramp by the end of the day.”

“See! You’re still a hunk.”  Ben kissed his cheek.  “Just remember you’re my hunk.”

“Well, just don’t let Mr. Cheesecake get any ideas.  You belong to me.”  Tom raised Ben’s left hand. The light in the office shone off the gold band on his ring finger. 

Ben chuckled.  He looked at the matching band on Tom’s finger too.  The rings were only symbols of their love.  They already belonged to each other a long time before they got married. 

“You don’t have anything to worry about, Tom. You know that, right?”

“Hmmm, I don’t know.  I think you better show me.”  Tom got up and took Ben’s hand and led him to their bedroom.

They spent a few minutes undressing each other and fell into bed together.  They made love, knowing all the right buttons to push to bring each other to the top of the mountain and paradise.

TBC






No comments:

Post a Comment